Giurfo Extra-Virgin olive oil
The extra-virgin olive oil “Giurfo” is the result of an expert olive cultivation in the piece ofland between Chiaramonte Gulfi and Licodia Eubea. We are talking of an old and precious food said to be an elixir of life and comingform the accurate selection of a special type of olive called “Tonda Iblea”.
- PRODUCTION AREA: Chiaramonte Gulfi.
- TYPE OF OLIVE: Tonda Iblea.
- FRUIT: When mature the fruit has a purplish colour round shape and medium to big dimensions.
- HARVEST TIME: October.
- HARVEST SYSTEM: And directly from the tree.
- EXTRACTION SYSTEM: Non stop cold pressings.
- ALTITUDE: 450 meters above sea level.
- MICROCLIMATE: Rainywinters moderate temperatures and dry hot summers.
- SOIL: Medium texture soil tending to compact, interspersed whit limy tufa.
- VISUAL TEST: Green with a yellow-goldish reflex.
- OLFACT ORYTEST: Fruity with hints of green tomato.
- TASTE TEST: Harmonic and elegant with spicy and bitter clear hints.
- MAX. ACIDITY: In terms of oleic acid not higher than max. 0,5.
- NUMBER OF PEROXIDES: Max 10 (meqO2/Kg).
- TOTAL POLYPHENOL QUANTITY: Min. 220 ppm.
- FOOD TO PAIR WITH: If raw, it can be used with fresh.